COVID-19

For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit: www.princeedwardisland.ca/covid19 or call the Provincial Government at 1-833-533-9333

Coronavirus Disease - COVID-19

With the evolving health situation regarding COVID-19, the City of Charlottetown wishes to reassure the public that it is closely monitoring information as it is received from health authorities. The City continues to work with its partners at the provincial level to prepare and respond to the increased likelihood of more coronavirus infections in the Maritimes.

City departments continue to execute their business continuity plans to maintain essential services. 

Municipal Updates
Public Access to City Facilities

Visitors to all City facilities, public meetings, town halls, meetings of City Council, or other indoor City events will be required to show their proof of full vaccination, as per CPHO guidelines upon entry.

At a special meeting of Council on October 25, 2021, Council unanimously voted to adopt the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which required all staff, members of Council, volunteers, and contractors to be fully vaccinated as of November 30, 2021.

As of December 1, 2021, 99% of all City of Charlottetown staff, including members of the council and volunteer firefighters are confirmed as fully vaccinated. The remaining 1% of City employees are partially vaccinated and have second vaccination appointment already scheduled.

For details on the City of Charlottetown Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination policy, visit  charlottetown.ca/policies

The City will continue to share regular updates to keep residents up-to-date on any changes to municipal programs and services. 

Helpful Links
  • For up-to-date information on COVID-19, including the latest information, advice, and FAQs, visit the Province of PEI COVID-19 webpages or call one of the following numbers: 
    • 1-833-533-9333 for health questions, testing, services and business programs
    • 1-800-958-6400 for questions regarding the new normal, including school life, travel, self-isolation and other public health guidance
    • 8-1-1 if you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
    • 2-1-1 for community, social, non-clinical health and government services
    • Those requiring immediate medical attention should call 9-1-1.
Resources

There are a lot of resources available for individuals and businesses during this stressful time dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.  While the Province of PEI's website is the best source of information in this public health emergency, many of the City's partners also have resources that might help the public. Here are just a few that might assist residents and businesses in navigating through this difficult time:

Social Distancing

COVID-19 Info